Then the Mayor steps to the podium and says, "In no way, shape or form does anyone in this room believe that Islam or the teachings of Islam to do with this...That is abhorrent. It’s terrible and it does not represent the religion in any way, shape or form or any of its teachings. And this is a criminal with a stolen gun who tried to kill one of our officers. It has nothing to do with being a Muslim or following the Islamic faith in any way, shape or form."
I wish I had been a reporter at the press conference and had been able to ask the Mayor these questions:
1) If no one in the room believes the shooting has anything to do with Islam, why did your top cop just state categorically that it was motivated by Islam?
2) What makes you such an expert on the teachings if Islam?
3) Why do you refer to the shooter as a "criminal" instead of a terrorist, when he admitted he is a terrorist who has pledged his allegiance to ISIS?
4) Why didn't you mention that the reason you are telling these lies is that you were elected by courting the Muslim community?
5) If this is not Islamic terrorism, why were the FBI and Homeland Security involved almost immediately?
6) Did Obama send you your talking points for this press conference?
TO WATCH THE VIDEO, CLICK ON THE PHOTO ABOVE.
First you will see the Police Commissioner, then the Mayor contradicting him (and the facts).